[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Mac Port of Tux Type?

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 04:06:21 UTC 2011

Hi Lachlan,

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 4:27 PM, Lachlan Musicman <datakid at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just went to the site for Tux Type to grab the Mac Port for my
> children, but the link doesn't work?
>
> Ok, I've just gone back to grab the URI  only to find the mistake was mine (ish)
>
> https://alioth.debian.org/frs/download.php/2380/TuxType_w_fonts-1.5.17-MacOS10.4+.dmg
>
> is the "link", which throws me an SSL error.

What do you mean by the link "doesn't work"?  Both links work in my
test just now. You may be encountering a browser warning about
"untrusted certificate" or similar, because Alioth uses self-signed
certificates.  That's up to the alioth admins to address.  All I can
do is reassure folks that these really are our authentic packages.

We really need to get an updated Mac build out - we don't have anyone
on the project currently with much Mac experience.

Best,
David Bruce