[sane-devel] FAQ request

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sun Aug 28 06:25:59 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 10:36:04PM -0400, Tom Rauschenbach wrote:
> Could someone post a pointer tho the FAQ for this list ?

There is no special FAQ for this list, only the description:

There is a general SANE FAQ:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ljm/SANE-faq.html

> Also, if there is a FAQ for new developers, I would appreciate that.

There is no real FAQ but several hints and links can be found here:
http://www.sane-project.org/contrib.html (section "Writing a Backend
(Driver)"),

> I have an unsupported
> scanner and would like to contribute a driver for it, but I know very little
> about scanners and their various protocols.  A little bootstrap help would be
> appreciated.  Especially if someone has a USB sniffer for Win XP so I can
> watch the scanner work with the Windows driver that would be a huge help.

Telling us which scanner you want to write a driver for and if you
know more about that scanner than already mentioned on our website may
help us :-)